Section 1 – Name
- The name of this club shall be Kernow Kitesurf Club. It shall be affiliated to the British Kite Surfing Association (BKSA).
Section 2 – Objectives
- To represent our sport throughout Cornwall, working with the local communities to ensure the locations are kept open whilst working with the local requirements.
- To promote safety and responsible kiting throughout Cornwall to members by offering all the information possible on the site and face-to-face.
- To provide a central network covering all kite related issues in this defined area.
Section 3 – Committee
- The committee of the club shall be members of the club and will consist of a chairman, a vice-chairman, a secretary, a treasurer, a beach safety officer, a child safety officer and beach representatives. All kite surfing members of the club shall be eligible for re-election.
- The Committee shall manage the affairs of the club and shall cause the funds of the club to be applied solely to the objects of the club.
- The committee can appoint a sub-committee or temporary officer to assist with organising events or carrying out specific tasks.
Section 4 – Membership
- The club is open to all. Members must be members of the BKSA. Members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting and General Meetings, to contribute to the forum, and to partake in any social events. Members are asked to promote and practice safe and responsible kiting.
- Members are required to pay an annual fee of £5 when they join. This fee will go to Kernow Kitesurf club. Members are able to partake in the Meetings, forum and social events.
- Kitesurfing at the beaches we cover are open to all. However we ask that new kitesurfers not wishing to be part of Kernow Kitesurf club, read the Code of Conduct as detailed on our website and follow all recommendations to ensure the sport remains safe. We ask that regular kiters become members of BKSA, or at least hold third party insurance.
Section 5 – Meetings
- An Annual General Meeting of the club shall be held each year on a date to be fixed by the Committee. The AGM or other General Meetings that may be called shall be announced with at least fourteen days notice, on the Kernow Kitesurf Club website and to members’ emails where available. Simple majority at the AGM or General Meetings shall resolve decisions put to a vote.
Section 6 – Finance
- All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club. The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club and will keep accurate accounts to be presented at the AGM. There will be three signatories to the account. Club monies are to be spent for the benefit of the club and its members, as agreed by the committee.
Section 7 – Liability
- The club will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of the practice of kite surfing or landboarding at any of the locations we cover, either sustained by members or caused by the said members, whether or not such damage or injury could have been attributed to the neglect, default or negligence of any of them or the committee.
Section 8 – Amendments
- The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote with all committee members.
Section 9 – Dissolution
- If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the Club there remains any club money, this shall be transferred to some other organisation having objectives similar to those of the Club. Such organisation is to be determined by majority vote at a General Meeting or AGM. In the absence of any decision the club monies will pass to the BKSA.