Any KKC member can get £20 off a lesson from a BKSA approved kite school in Cornwall*
From 2019, we also have a Youth Training Subsidy System**
The Cornwall BKSA approved kitesurf schools are:
- Atlantic Riders, who are based at Watergate
- Extreme Academy, also based at Watergate
- Hoxton Special, based in Marazion. Also teaches at Hayle to Godrevy.
- Ocean High, based in Marazion. Also teaches at Hayle to Godrevy.
- Pasty Adventures, based around Marazion and Hayle to Godrevy.
*General Training Subsidy System Details:
- Any KKC member can get £20 off a lesson by a local BKSA approved kite school / instructor.
- No training will be less than £25, so that there is always a contribution to the training by the KKC club member.
- The KKC member gets this by presenting their BKSA card with the KKC as their local club, to the BKSA school / BKSA instructor, who will note the details and get the £20 from the KKC.
- The KKC member gets this discount a max of twice in the year. Last year it was once per year.
- An annual cap of £700 for training related spend. Once the club has paid out £700 in training in the year, the scheme will be reviewed based on available club finances.
- Conceptually we hope that this will be spread across BKSA schools in Cornwall. But if one BKSA school or one BKSA instructor is more pro-active, that should also be encouraged.
**Youth Training Subsidy System:
- The club will subsidise training for under 18’s at 4 KKC schools, Ocean High, Atlantic Riders, The Hoxton Special and Pasty Adventures.
- Funding is limited to £200.00 per school (per year) initially and that this could be reallocated by the committee based on demand.
- The club would fund 75% of the cost of lessons for under 18’s as children of KKC members.
- Parents would be required to stay with the child during coaching sessions.
- The club would purchase 3 trainer kites, Lodeys agreed to provide the kites for the sum of £400.00.