Join/renew your BKSA membership and make sure you have pre selected the Kernow Kitesurf Club as your local club. This will add the £5 fee to your BKSA membership fee.
We don’t have a “during the year” or other way of joining the club, other than via when you join the BKSA.
You must abide by club rules and the KKC code of conduct.
- A local club helps us get and keep access to kitesurf many of the great kitesurf spots in Cornwall. The club was formed to let us return to kitesurfing at The Bluff in Hayle, where it had been banned.
- Club members get a free Bluff Pass, which comes with a Free Parking permit at The Bluff.
- You can get subsidised lessons and training for you +/or your kids (if you have kids!).
- BKSA membership gives you third party insurance for your kitesurfing.
- Some of the local shops give discounts to KKC members. So show them your BKSA card with KKC there as your local club.
- 10% off new Duotone kites, boards, bars & accessories via Pete Stephens at Kitesurfkit (on Facebook & their Website )
- 10% on Ozone kites and boards and mystic equipment at Lodey Kite Loft (on Facebook & on their Website )
- 15% off Ozone kite lines to encourage people to check their lines and replace if necessary to keep safe. Again, contact them via Facebook or their Website )
- There’s a year round Woo Off competition for the biggest jump improvement / biggest jumps.
- There are other events and meetups, including the AGM.
- Demo days
- Fund raising (eg annual santa outfits day)
- Trips – a group are going to the Hayling Island Kitesurfing Armada Festival