The main kitesurf spots.
- Daymer Bay
- Newquay (Watergate Bay) PDF and Watergate Risk Assesment.
If you are new to the area, we recommend you start with Watergate Bay. The other Newquay beaches have seasonal access restrictions and can be dangerous in the wrong set of conditions.
– the above link to the guide is as supplied by Dom Moore @ Kitesurf Magazine. It’s a PDF that will open in a new browser window.
– updated access info for Fistral and Crantock: Don’t go out when the life guards are out (unless you speak to them and they say it’s OK).
- Perranporth and Perransands (also known as Penhale)
- The Bluff, Hayle (There is now a permit system and no ban)
- Marazion & Long Rock
Also have a look at this excellent Cornwall kitesurf spot guide, by Dom.
OK, it’s not a kitesurfing beach guide, but useful for non kitesurfing information on Cornish beaches,www.cornwall-beaches.co.uk.